Simply having a firearm in your possession can be a serious crime in the Orlando area. If you actually use that firearm, the penalties jump exponentially. If you were in the process of committing another crime, you’re vulnerable to a felony charge and the state of Florida will likely pursue you vigorously to see that you’re punished to the fullest extent of the law.
You don’t have to let that happen. You can fight back, especially if there were extenuating circumstances involved. With an aggressive and experienced criminal defense attorney by your side, you have a much better chance of defeating such charges in court before your matter even goes to court. The attorneys at Katz & Phillips work as a team, combining strengths and expertise to give clients the best possible results when they’re charged with a crime such as a firearms offense. The collective experience of the attorneys of Katz & Phillips crosses the state level into federal court. We’ve successfully defended against the following charges:
- Possession of a firearm if you’re a convicted felon
- Having a concealed weapon in your possession
- Juvenile firearms charge
- Having a concealed firearm in your possession
- Carrying a firearm openly
- Unlawful use or possession of explosive devices
- Unlawful sale or delivery of firearms
- Discharging a firearm when you’re under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Possession of a prohibited weapon or firearm
- Assault or battery with a deadly weapon
- Possession of a weapon when you’re in the process of committing another crime
- Discharging a firearm in public
- Using or discharging a weapon when you’re in the process of committing another crime
If you’ve been arrested for any of these offenses, or even think you might be, call the attorneys at Katz & Phillips immediately. Our lawyers will join forces to create a defense for you that works. You don’t get just one of us – you get all of us. Call us today so we can make a difference for your future.