Call Today for a Free Consultation 321-332-6864 Call Us 24 hours / 7 days a week

Orlando Drug Related DUI Defense Lawyer

When you hear the term DUI, you probably think of drinking alcohol, then getting behind the wheel of a car and driving. In actuality, Florida’s DUI statutes go beyond this. Driving under the influence does not necessarily mean that the influence is alcohol. In Florida, if you drive after using any illegal substance, from cocaine, heroin and marijuana to legal drugs not specifically prescribed for you, you’re susceptible to a DUI charge. The prosecution might have a harder time proving that you were under the influence. None of these substances will show up on a breathalyzer. But that doesn’t mean the state won’t try to convict you.

If you find yourself in this sort of situation, you need to call an experienced DUI defense attorney immediately. You should do so as soon as you’re arrested, before talking to the police or doing anything else. Just as drug DUIs are harder to prosecute, they can be harder to defend against as well. For this reason, you need to bring legal help onboard as soon as possible, and you need defense counsel that knows the difference between representing your rights for a DUI alcohol charge and a DUI drug charge.

The attorneys at Katz & Phillips know that difference and have successfully negotiated these types of cases before. We’ve won in court and we’ve even prevented clients from having to go to court in the first place. Depending on the particulars of your case, you may be facing a misdemeanor or a felony conviction, so you need experienced representation on your side. Don’t trust just any attorney. Reach out to a law firm that has beaten these charges before. Call Katz & Phillips as soon as possible so we can intercede on your behalf.

Find Out How Our Criminal Defense Lawyers Can Help You Katz & Phillips, P.A. works to try to keep your record clear and keep you out of jail, or to minimize the possible penalties of serious charges you face. To learn more, call today and speak with an experienced member of our legal team