Call Today for a Free Consultation 321-332-6864 Call Us 24 hours / 7 days a week

If I just want my case resolved without going to trial, what do you recommend?

Well, if you want to just resolve your case – DUI case in Florida – you really are limited to your options. Because a DUI carries certain minimum mandatory sanctions, that’s really going to be the only way to resolve it short of trial, unless you’re able to put on a case, or of course enter into a plea negotiations with the State Attorney to a lesser-included offense such as a reckless driving.

But DUI’s, because of the minimum mandatory, doesn’t really have a whole lot of wiggle room for just resolving it short of trial. Now at Katz & Phillips what we do is we aggressively fight them by filing motions, contesting every piece of evidence.

A lot of times the results of these hearings on our motion to suppress/motion in limines can result in a resolution to your case before going to trial.

Also, certain counties – a very limited amount – have pretrial diversion programs that we can look into and see if you’re eligible for, and upon agreement with the prosecution we can possibly enter you into a diversion program that will resolve your case short of trial.

Find Out How Our Criminal Defense Lawyers Can Help You Katz & Phillips, P.A. works to try to keep your record clear and keep you out of jail, or to minimize the possible penalties of serious charges you face. To learn more, call today and speak with an experienced member of our legal team